Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Another day, another hairnet - Jason Shoultz

In episode 406 I learn how to make butter...lots of butter. I visited the AMPI butter plant in New Ulm, Minnesota. That's the same New Ulm where I learned how to make beer in episode 405.

Mmmm. Beer and butter.

AMPI churns out 120 million pounds of butter a year. We're talking giant tubs, cartons and tiny packets used in restaurants. If you have ever eaten butter at a restaurant, chances are you've eaten AMPI butter.

Rather than go through the details of how to make butter...I'll share some photos from the tour...
Steve Riggs and I conferring on how silly we look.

Manager Bill Swan and a fellow AMPI employee discussing how silly Steve and I look.


Bill Swan explaining that pink hairnets are actually in style now.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home