Monday, November 24, 2008

A cheesy story


We're up to episode 410 now on America's Heartland.  

Depending on where you live, you might have just tuned in to see me sampling cheeses in Wisconsin. The state has a reputation for it's cheeses. We wanted to know exactly what makes Wisconsin cheese taste so good. I'm not sure we ever really found out. But I had a good time investigating.   We visited several places that have a passion for all things cheese.   The Beechwood Cheese Company has been at it for decades.  The Real Cheese Place in Janesville is the place to go for a history lesson.  (Side note: the owners of The Real Cheese Place get huge online props for snatching up the website www.wisconsincheese.com ) And if you are traveling to Milwaukee from Chicago, I suggest stopping by the Mars Cheese Castle.  

What's your favorite type of cheese? Cheddar? Swiss? Havarti?  Use the comments section and let me know why you love your Colby Jack.  Let's have a debate about cheese.  Right here on this blog.

Jason
(I prefer a good, aged cheddar)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Recently had the opportunity to taste a 15-year-old Wisconsin Cheddar at LeToile in Madison. Oh, my, God!

November 25, 2008 at 1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

15 year old cheddar? Wow. Give me some nice fresh mozzarella anytime.

November 26, 2008 at 11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm fond of pepper jack myself! Overall I pretty much like any cheese except for Swiss. It must be the holes that put me off...

December 1, 2008 at 9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home